Monday, October 28, 2013

Something/Everything/Nothing

The leaves are falling all around, the Sox are in the World Series, I've got a beard, I'm trying to punch up my road trip memoir, I need to contact publishers about my children's book, I need to finish a short story for Jim Corrigan's latest anthology, I'm gonna look for work as a ghostwriter, I want to rock and roll all night and party every day, I wish I could run again, I have fantasies where I play pick-up ice hockey, and I also think about getting back into baseball, although my hip/groin/back tell me I'm a fool, I can't believe how quickly my kids (and your kids) are growing up but I wish they would go outside more, I'm reading Looking for Przybylski and enjoying it especially the parts about traveling through Texas and New Mexico because they line up amazingly well with my impressions about that desolate part of the country from my memoir-in-progress, I'm way behind on "Boardwalk Empire" and gave up on "Nashville" because it was too much soap and not enough opry,I recently added music by The Vibrators to iTunes, I need to recruit people for my other blog, The Backside of America, I'm resurrecting my old web site, DaveBrigham.com ("Where Dave Brigham Meets Dot Com") and am taking suggestions for how to make it awesome, I spent some quality time today at the National Archives in Waltham scanning in photos from U.S. Government chemical warfare manuals and brochures, I now know how to properly put on a gas mask, I'm free-forming....

2 comments:

  1. Ramblin' Dave! I too am way behind on Boardwalk Empire (like middle of season 2). The good news about the hockey thing is I've been able to do it even when I've been on the shelf from running. Of course, if your hip is bad, skating probably won't feel too good. Still, it's good to dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the current season of Boardwalk, but have only seen episode 1. As for hockey, it's not like I ever played anything other than street hockey and pond hockey, but when I take Amelia skating I start to dream....

      Delete