Thursday, February 7, 2013

Forlorn Forties

I went for a quick walk in the Waltham section of Auburndale Park earlier this week. I was hoping to snap some pictures of a small, shuttered building that housed bathrooms and storage and perhaps more at some point. I planned to post them on my other blog, The Backside of America.

I hadn't been to this area in a while, and discovered that the building was gone.

I wandered around the park, along the Swamp Trail and the path out to what's called The Knob, a small raised area that overlooks an inlet of the Charles River.

As often happens on my hikes, I found something to take pictures of, something totally different than what I thought I was going to be doing.

I call them the Forlorn Forties:

Forlorn Forty #1 Forlorn Forty #2

No comments:

Post a Comment